TRUSTED WASHINGTON, D.C. PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS, GEORGETOWN.
YOUR CHOICE FOR PRODUCT LIABILITY, MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT AND CATASTROPHIC INJURY CASES
A serious personal injury causes more than physical pain; it can create a stressful environment for families who are not sure how they will pay their bills, feed their children, or keep a roof over their heads, let alone afford the necessary treatments and therapies. At Paulson & Nace, PLLC, our family can help you protect yours. We are skilled Washington D.C. personal injury attorneys who have secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. If you have suffered harm as the result of another person’s negligence, you can trust us to advocate tenaciously and aggressively on your behalf.
WHAT KINDS OF CASES ARE PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS?
Paulson & Nace is widely acknowledged for our work in complex and catastrophic personal injury cases. We put the full force of our firm behind every client, ensuring that only the most authoritative testimony goes into every case. With more than 100 jury trials to our name, we are well known for our aggressive approach in the courtroom when advocating for our clients’ rights. We are proud to represent clients in cases involving:
- Product liability. Paulson & Nace is esteemed by peers and the judiciary for our work in product liability. From handling cases involving dangerous drugs to harmful manufacturing and disingenuous sales techniques, we provide superior legal services to clients who have been harmed because of a defective or faulty automotive, medical or consumer product.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Washington, D.C. has some of the most highly traveled roads in the country, which increases a person’s chance of being seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident. We have extensive experience representing the victims of car accidents and motorcycle accidents, as well as pedestrians and bicycle riders. We also assist those involved in commercial truck accidents as well as those harmed in railroad and train accidents.
- Premises liability. Whether you were harmed because of negligent security measures, slipped and fell in a public place, or suffered undue injury because of negligent property owners, our lawyers know what it takes to build a wining case. Our exhaustive knowledge of local and state premises liability laws makes us a smart choice when you have been hurt on another person’s property. We also represent non-employee workers and third parties in construction accident claims.
- Head, brain, neck, and spinal cord injuries. Even mild damage to the head, neck and spine could have long-lasting and potentially devastating effects. Our firm provides comprehensive care for victims of traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries who now require costly and round-the-clock care to help them live as normal a life as possible.
- Wrongful death. There are few consequences as tragic as the unexpected loss of a loved one. At Paulson & Nace, we are empathetic to your plight; we are a family business, and we feel your loss on a personal level. We treat you and your family with compassion and respect and advocate fiercely on your family’s behalf. We focus on the fight so that you may focus on helping yourself and your family through such a difficult time.
- Sexual assault. Victims of sexual assault can seek damages through the civil justice system. In some cases, the perpetrator may not be the only liable party. We offer a secure and safe location to discuss your case. Contact us today to learn more.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
Filing a personal injury claim begins with having your case evaluated to determine that it meets the basic legal elements of negligence. Being able to prove negligent behavior will give you the best chance at recovering a financial award that will help you get back to enjoying your life.
The four elements at the core of any personal injury claim are:
Duty. This often boils down to one or both parties being required to act with a reasonable level of care when performing an activity. The duty can be created by statute such as drivers having to follow the rules of the road to protect other drivers, or it can exist based on the legal relationship between two or more parties such as a store owner and customers.
Breach. When someone who owes another a duty of care and they refrain from taking the same actions a reasonable, prudent person would have taken under the same circumstances, they have failed to uphold their obligation to act with care.
Causation. This is the cause and effect between an event or action and its result such as a property owner failing to fix or warn about an uneven sidewalk that results in a customer falling and breaking an arm.
Damages. This means a party suffered actual harm because of another’s negligence by way of physical injuries, lost time from work, medical bills and other physical and financial challenges that were made necessary due to the carelessness of someone who owed a duty of care.
SHOULD I SETTLE MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE, OR GO TO TRIAL?
Once a personal injury claim has been established the process begins by gathering medical records and medical bills, accident or incident reports, witness statements, and other evidence documenting the injuries and what led to them. From there, the settlement process begins with the insurance companies of all adverse parties. If that doesn’t bring your case to a satisfactory conclusion it may become necessary to file a lawsuit.
- Settlement process. Approximately 95% of personal injury cases can settle through the negotiation process. This amounts to presenting the facts to the insurance adjuster and engaging in a back and forth of offers and counteroffers being made with each side providing its justification for its position. The result is often a mid-point that gives the injured party the ability to move forward with his or her life while the insurance company avoids the risk of a larger payout.
- Litigation. Filing a summons and complaint will kickstart a lawsuit in any type of case, but in the world of personal injury it can sometimes be a strategic maneuver when insurance companies play hardball and refuse to make a fair settlement offer. Cases can go through the litigation process of completing discovery, mediation, trial preparation and even move ahead with the trial but still settle at any time up until a verdict is returned. There are no guarantees with a trial, however if you have a strong case you could end up with a significantly larger award.
For more than 40 years, Paulson & Nace has dedicated its efforts to protecting the rights of victims when they need protection most. Throughout our distinguished careers, we have helped our clients obtain millions of dollars in compensation to help them begin to rebuild their lives and to obtain the medical attention they need to move forward. Our personal injury attorneys have extensive trial experience because we are willing to pursue the best possible option for our clients, not settling for less than they deserve.
Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
Yes we do, Paulson & Nace’s main office, which is just 2 mins walk from The Washington Harbour in Georgetown, can be found at 1025 Thomas Jefferson St NW, Washington, DC 20007.
Washington, D.C. personal injury attorneys, Georgetown.
The seasoned attorneys at Paulson & Nace, PLLC focus on the financial recovery of personal injury victims’ so they can focus on their physical, mental, and emotional recovery. Our experienced personal injury attorneys fight hard for the compensation you deserve while striving to resolve your personal injury claim as quickly as possible minimizing further disruption to your life. Schedule your free case evaluation in our Washington, D.C. office by calling 202-463-1999 or by reaching out to us through our contact page.