Help for Mothers and Newborns Injured during Delivery
Protecting families throughout Washington, D.C.
“Labor” is called “labor” for a reason: It is hard work, and mothers can use all the help they can get from their OB/GYNs, midwives and attendants. When an error is made during the delivery process, however, the entire family can feel the lifelong effects. Paulson & Nace, PLLC, offers you the legal guidance and support you need when you or your child was injured during labor and delivery. For the last 40 years, our skilled team of medical malpractice attorneys has been helping families across Washington, D.C. take back control of their lives after a catastrophic injury during birth. If your family needs support, our family is ready to help.
What constitutes negligence during labor and delivery?
When a doctor fails to provide the standard level of care during labor, thus endangering the health of the lives of the mother and child, that doctor is guilty of negligence. At Paulson & Nace, we review the evidence and investigate your experience thoroughly to determine whether or not you and your child suffered harm because of negligent delivery practices. Some of the cases regularly referred to us include:
- Physical injuries to the child, including skull fractures, from the excessive or wrongful use of forceps and vacuum extractors
- Delaying a C-section, thus endangering the life of the child or the mother
- Failing to diagnose or treat a mother’s preeclampsia, a potentially life-threatening illness
- Administering the wrong dosage of antibiotics, or failing to administer labor-inducing drugs such as Pitocin correctly
- Mistakes involving epidurals
- Anesthesia errors made on mothers with a scheduled C-section
- Failure to monitor the child for signs of fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose and treat jaundice
- Failure to notice the umbilical cord is wrapped around the child’s neck, leading to permanent brain damage from oxygen deprivation or even fetal death
- Use of excessive force, leading to shoulder dystocia
A healthcare provider’s failure to perform at the standard level of care, including monitoring mother and child throughout the labor and delivery process, can have devastating effects. At Paulson & Nace, we hold negligent medical personnel and institutions responsible when their actions have led to injury or harm. When those actions lead to the tragic loss of your baby, we are by your side. We focus our efforts on your case, so you can focus on the healing and grieving process with your loved ones.
If you were injured during labor, we want to hear your story
Negligent labor and delivery practices may have permanent effects on mothers and children. At Paulson & Nace, PLLC, we help you protect your family’s future through meticulous and tenacious representation. To schedule a no-obligation consultation, please call 202.463.1999 or fill out our contact form. We proudly represent families throughout Washington, D.C.