Help When Your Life Has Been Changed Irreparably by a Wrongful Death
Skilled trial attorneys protecting the futures of Washington, D.C. families
The sudden loss of a beloved family member is always tragic. When that death could have been prevented, however, or came about as the result of an injury caused by someone else’s behavior, the family of the deceased may wish to file a wrongful death claim. Lawsuits alleging wrongful death must be handled by skilled attorneys who have the experience and resources necessary to handle such complex cases.
Paulson & Nace, PLLC, is home to such attorneys. In our more than 40 years of serving families in Washington, D.C., we have secured millions of dollars for our clients whose lives were irrevocably changed after the wrongful death of their loved one. If you believe your beloved family member died because of the negligence of someone else or some institution, let our family go to work protecting yours.
The reasons behind wrongful deaths
Paulson & Nace handles wrongful death claims resulting from:
- Medical malpractice, including cases where a doctor failed to diagnose a serious illness or complication, anesthesia errors, surgical errors or mistakes made in an emergency room. We also represent those who have lost family members because the attending medical staff was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Defective and dangerous drugs and prescription errors
- Dangerous products, including faulty automotive parts
- Motor vehicle accidents involving other cars, commercial trucks and motorcycles
- Premises liability, such as falling from heights that did not have secure railings
- Construction site accidents involving workers who were not given proper safety equipment or whose work areas were unsafe
The laws governing the types of damages recoverable in wrongful death cases vary considerably from state to state. Thus, careful attention must be paid to both the applicable law in the District of Columbia and proof of recoverable loss. Recoverable damages typically include pre-death conscious pain and suffering as well as economic damages, such as medical expenses or a loss of potential earning capabilities. In some cases, a surviving spouse may also recover money for the loss of his or her partner’s company, referred to as a loss of consortium claim.
The circumstances of your particular experience dictate what we may seek in terms of damages. Paulson & Nace does whatever is in its power to obtain the relief you need in order to begin to rebuild your life after your loss. We will not let our clients go through this experience alone; our lines of communication are always open, and we take great care to treat you and your family as we would wish to be treated – with dignity, respect and compassion.
Learn more about wrongful death claims in Washington, D.C.
If a loved one has died as a result of another person’s negligence, you may have a wrongful death claim. Paulson & Nace, PLLC, may be able to help you. Please call us at 202-930-0292 or contact us online to tell us your story, and to see if our family is able to help yours. All initial consultations are free of charge.