West Virginia Lawyers Get Justice for Catastrophic Personal Injury Victims
Helping serious accident victims get the full care they need
A life can change in an instant. A motor vehicle accident, medical malpractice, a really bad slip and fall, a product that is defective, a drug that was incorrectly prescribed – these can all cause a catastrophic injury. Victims of these serious injuries often never fully recover. West Virginia residents need experienced trial attorneys who aggressively fight for victims who are looking at a lifetime of medical needs.
The lawyers at Paulson & Nace, PLLC have obtained million dollar plus verdicts and settlement in personal injury cases. Many of these awards were because the victim suffered a life-changing catastrophic injury. Around-the-clock medical care can cost a fortune. Attending to a loved family member who needs constant help can be draining on family members. Serious injury victims are often not able to work or earn an income. The physical pain and emotional suffering mounts and mounts. Catastrophic injury victims need lawyers who fight to get every dollar. We do not settle the tough cases until all damage issues have been addressed
Catastrophic injuries defined
Catastrophic injuries are injuries that require extensive medical treatment, cause permanent damage and/or change the normal life functions of an adult or child. The Paulson & Nace lawyers handle any type of catastrophic injury including:
- Traumatic brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is caused by a physical blow to the head, a fall, a head-wound or some other severe physical harm. Some people with a TBI have long-term problems with movement, learning and every-day functioning.
- Spinal cord damage. Damage to spine from an accident can cause partial or full paralysis. Victims of spinal cord damage can suffer loss mobility, function and feeling.
- Permanent partial or total paralysis. Paralysis means loss of strength in a limb or in a muscle group. It can cause a loss of movement or feeling.
- Burn injuries. People who are burned often require extensive surgeries including skin grafts. Most burn victims have scars which can be devastating especially if they are on the face.
- Loss of limb. The loss of an arm or leg is devastating for most people. It affects every aspect of their life including their social life, ability to work, and ability to perform daily tasks.
- Coma or vegetative state. Some patients never regain full consciousness or if they do, they are a shadow of their former selves.
Victims with catastrophic injury may need plastic surgery. If they are in a coma or completely paralyzed, they will need constant case. Many victims need extensive physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and other rehabilitative care. Some patients need multiple surgeries, pain injections and other medical treatments. This care requirement can last months, years or a full lifetime.
Why choose Paulson & Nace
Our family firm of lawyers has been helping personal injury victims get just recoveries for over 40 years. We determine exactly why the accident happened. We use professionals, when necessary to prove the accident was someone else’s fault. Our lawyers investigate exactly who is responsible. Sometimes a distant third party can be responsible. Sometimes the responsible person is more obvious such as a driver who owns his/her car.
Our lawyers use the latest technology to show the jury what happened, medical experts who explain the full extent of the person’s severe injuries and authoritative witnesses who can testify to the daily toll the pain is causing the personal injury victim. Our lawyers guide victims and family members through each stage of the case and use our experience to counter the arguments defense lawyers make. Our West Virginia lawyers are strong advocates for victims who fight for every dollar the victim deserves.
Get professional help for catastrophic injuries from our West Virginia lawyers
Paulson & Nace, PLLC, represents seriously catastrophic injury victims throughout West Virginia. Our lawyers know how to develop the case, argue your claim, persuade juries and negotiate with insurance companies. If you or a loved one is suffering, we want to help you get full compensation for the injuries. We see catastrophic injury victims at our office at 3501 Maccorkle Ave SE, Charleston, WV 25304. We also see clients where it is convenient for the client because we know catastrophic injury victims are often not mobile. Please call our office for a free discussion with a lawyer at 304-741-8079 or complete our contact form.
We have dedicated our lives to helping personal injury victims and their families. Now, let our family help you and yours.