West Virginia Car Accident Lawyers Advocate for Injured Victims
Strong representation for auto accident victims throughout the state
About 300 people, on average, die in West Virginia motor vehicle accidents each year. Many more people suffer serious catastrophic injuries, permanent injuries or injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Victims often need surgery, doctor visits, physical therapy, medical equipment and medications just to treat their health problems. Some car accident victims have scarring and other permanent injuries. Auto accident victims often suffer lost wages and damage to their automobile. In addition, almost every car crash victim suffers physical and emotional pain.
The lawyers at Paulson & Nace, have over four decades of experience in personal injury cases. We have obtained million dollar jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. Our lawyer are able to secure this significant results because we work with professionals to determine the cause of the accident and all the medical care that will be needed. When necessary, we work with economic experts to determine financial loss. Our family law firm is ready to help your family get justice for car accidents through strong representation, attention to detail and the full experience of auto accident law in West Virginia.
Types of car accidents in West Virginia
The lawyers at Paulson & Nace know that there are many reasons for car accidents. A full knowledge of these reasons is necessary to prove someone else caused the accident. Common car accident situations include:
- Rear-end collisions. Here, the car in front, usually stationary, is struck in the rear by a driver who was driving too closely, speeding or who was not paying attention
- Head-on accidents. There is really no excuse for this type of accident. It occurs when a driver crosses a lane or at intersections. Some of the reasons this type of car accident happens are driver fatigue, driving while intoxicated, talking on a cell-phone, bad road conditions, traffic signs that do not work. There are many other reasons our attorneys review.
- Broadside accidents. Here the front of one car strikes the side of another car or two sides collide. These accidents happen when a driver runs a red light, at intersections, turning, or is driving recklessly. Like head-on accidents; drivers who talk on cell-phones, text while driving, or drive while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol can cause a side accident. Broadside accidents are also known as T-bone accidents.
- Multi-car accidents. Some collisions involve an initial crash that cause rotating and moving to crash into other cars.
Other types of car accidents include hit and run accidents, accidents in parking lots and cars that collide with a bicycle or a pedestrian.
Car accident injuries
Any car accident can cause death or catastrophic injuries. Even minor injuries may not appear for days such as soft tissue injuries. Some of the types of injuries auto accident victims suffer the Paulson & Nace West Virginia lawyers seek damages for are:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding and damage to organs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, herniated discs and bulging discs
- Injuries that cause paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Loss of an arm or leg
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
- Wrongful death of a beloved family member
It is important for any car accident victim to get medical attention as soon as possible. Delay in getting medical treatment can hurt your chances of getting better and can also hurt the legal case.
Car accident victims should see the trial attorneys at Paulson & Nace for many reasons. Insurance companies will try to offer unfair settlements. Our lawyers also know the applicable insurance laws that apply to West Virginia accident cases. We ready each case for jury trial to get the best result possible and settle cases only when the settlement proposal is just.
Why Paulson & Nace is the right auto accident law firm in West Virginia
Car accidents have many factual and legal issues. A Paulson & Nace, PLLC, attorney reviews how the accident happened. Sometimes, we use traffic reconstruction experts. We review who is responsible – the driver, the owner, a leasing company, or some other entity. Our lawyers review all the medical bills including bills that the car accident victim will have far into the future. We go over each daily task and each daily joy that the victim cannot do because of the accident. Injured car accidents victims and family members can call for a free appointment. Please call 304-741-8079 or complete our contact form to speak with an attorney. Our West Virginia location is at 3501 Maccorkle Ave SE, Charleston, WV 25304.
We have dedicated our lives to helping personal injury victims and their families. Now, let our family help you and yours.