Compassion for Families Who Have Paid the Ultimate Price
Advocating on behalf of parents whose children were stillborn in Washington, D.C. medical centers
There is no pain greater than the pain of losing a child. Your grief is acutely personal, and seeking answers is a natural response to such a tragedy. We believe you deserve those answers as quickly as possible.
Paulson & Nace, PLLC, looks after your best interests while you look after your family in the wake of a terrible tragedy. Our father-and-sons team of lawyers provides a safe and stress-free environment in which to express your rage, your frustrations and your pain. We offer clients in Washington, D.C. some hope for their families after the wrongful death of their child.
How medical negligence can lead to fetal death
A child who is stillborn, a medical term reserved for children born without any signs of life who are delivered after 20 weeks of gestation, may have been subject to unexplained risks; lead in the water in Washington, D.C., increased the number of stillborn babies, and we still do not know what effects the Elk River chemical spill will have on pregnant mothers in West Virginia and other parts of the country. In other cases, an act of medical negligence could have led to the death of your child, such as:
- Inadequate prenatal care, such as failing to monitor the fetus for signs of distress or illness during gestation
- Improper labor and delivery practices
- Misdiagnosis of infections and illnesses in the mother that may or may not pose a risk of transmission to the child
- Failure to recognize an umbilical cord wrapped around a child’s throat
- Failure to monitor fetal movement and decreased levels of activity
- Failure to diagnose conditions such as entopic pregnancies, congenital defects, preeclampsia or placental abruption
- Failure to warn expectant mothers about health risks from certain behaviors, such as smoking, or the risks associated with gestational diabetes
At Paulson & Nace, we are aware that there is little we can do to ease your heartbreak, though we would stop at nothing to do so. What we offer our clients is an opportunity to alleviate the stress that comes from lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and funeral costs. We champion their right to answers about their loss, and hold the responsible parties accountable to the fullest extent of the law. We allow them to focus on the healing process, as opposed to the complicated process of a lawsuit. We do what we can to help our clients move forward.
Support for families who have suffered the ultimate tragedy
Paulson & Nace, PLLC, knows that nothing can “fix” the pain of losing a child. For the last 40 years, we have focused on the fight so that our clients can focus on themselves and their families during their time of need. We promise you that you are not alone. Please call 202-930-0292 or fill out our contact form to speak to an attorney. We are proud to serve families throughout Washington, D.C.