Experience You Can Trust to Handle Your Defective and Dangerous Drug Claims
A track record of success in drug liability in Washington, D.C.
When you take a prescription or over-the-counter medication, you put your life in the hands of the manufacturer of that drug. Unfortunately, thousands of people die or suffer serious injury every year from drugs that are unsafe. Many such drugs have been inadequately tested or provide insufficient warning of risks and side effects on labels and in direct-to-consumer advertising.
At Paulson & Nace, PLLC, drug liability cases are our forte. With more than 30 years of experience in this complex and difficult area of the law, senior partner Barry Nace is one of the acknowledged pioneers in the field. His dedication to protect the victims of Washington, D.C. has driven all of us to focus on drug liability as well. We have the experience, the skills and the resources you want on your side when you have been injured by a dangerous or defective drug.
Well-known drugs with dangerous side effects
There are drugs on the market that are well-known for their potentially dangerous, even deadly, side effects. These include commonly prescribed:
- Antidepressants. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), or antidepressants, have been linked to birth defects and suicidal thoughts. Prozac, Zoloft and Paxil have all been recognized for this danger, and for side effects including insomnia, loss of libido and fatigue.
- Antipsychotics. Abilify, an add-on antidepressant, has been linked to compulsive behaviors and suicidal thoughts. Risperdal and Invega may cause gynecomastia, a condition where young men develop breasts.
- Birth control. Yaz and Yasmin contain drospirenone, which may lead to fatal blood clots, liver tumors and high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure. Benicar may cause severe weight loss and intestinal damage.
- High cholesterol. Lipitor, Crestor and Zyprexa are all statins, and have been linked to an increased chance of developing type 2 diabetes.
In some cases, simply stopping use is not enough to help a patient. Cymbalta, an antidepressant, has some of the most severe withdrawal symptoms possible, including what some people commonly refer to as “brain zaps.”
Drugs like these continue to flood the market because pharmaceutical manufacturers may use test groups that are too small for an accurate reflection of the potential problems, or doctors and pharmaceutical reps may recommend these drugs for “off-label” uses. Regardless of how or why you were prescribed a dangerous drug, Paulson & Nace wants to help.
Why choose Paulson & Nace?
In 1985, Barry Nace litigated and won the first case involving Bendectin, a drug suspected of causing birth defects. Another of Mr. Nace’s drug liability cases produced a $95 million verdict, including $75 million in punitive damages. Since then, our firm has litigated landmark cases, including one in the Supreme Court, and obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for the victims of dangerous drugs. We are widely recognized as one of the premier drug liability law firms in Washington, D.C. and we can put our experience to work for you.
Tenacious and experienced drug liability attorneys
It is rarely obvious that a drug is the cause of an injury or death. If you suspect that you or your loved one has been injured or a loved one has died as a result of taking a drug, it is important to consult with a drug liability attorney immediately to protect your legal rights. Please contact Paulson & Nace, PLLC, by calling 202-930-0292 or filling out our contact form. We are proud to represent families throughout Washington, D.C.